Sharon’s Tutorial 26th April


This was the first time Sharon has seen all of my images and so I was a bit nervous of what her reaction would be as I now have very little time to reshoot if there are any huge problems. However Sharon was very pleased to see me and was excited to see my work which made me feel more positive about showing her.

Sharon suggested cutting down the number of images I use from each photoshoot and take a more quality over quantity approach so that only the very best images are shown. I think this is the right thing to do because at the moment the weaker images detract from the stronger ones and also there are a lot of images with similar model poses. I think I just threw loads of images onto the site thinking more content would make it look better when actually this is not the case and more careful image selection would improve the quality of the site. Sharon said that if I am concern about not having enough diversity in my images I could use more editing techniques to make the different sets of images look less like one another. For example changing some of them into black and white could help make the images look more striking. Also  Sharon felt that some of the images needed to look darker and have more shadows in them to reflect the mood of the stories and to make them look a bit more mysterious. 


Sharon agreed that doing the site in German as well as English was not needed and it would not make the site any more appealing to my target audience by having the German version. Also in terms of layout she said my images need to be shown bigger and have the option to go full screen so that they have as much of an impact as possible which I think is defiantly true as it will allow the viewer to see more of the details in my work. I mentioned to Sharon the idea Sebastiane had about using art to fully tell the stories and Sharon thought this would be good to experiment wit and told me to look at the work of John Galliano who buried one of his collections in order to age it as inspiration for my work.


Comments