Sebastian tutorial 29th March
Sebastian liked some
of my ideas in my test shoots but mentioned that some of the positions are too
much like beauty or fashion poses and don’t tell the story as well as the other
images where the poses represent the characters in the stories better. Sebastian was unsure about one of my looks for
the Inky Boys which included liquid dripping from the model’s eye because he
felt like it had been done before. I have decided however to keep this in my
work because I think that it represents the story well and the dripping ink is
a key part of the story. He told me to look at a couple of different
photographers that he thought could influence my work. Sebastian suggested
finding alternative ways of representing blindness, loss of speak and loss of
hearing such as showing the blind person with white sticks. He mentioned
someone called John Hull who is blind and says that when he is carrying
something he feels doubly blind as he also is not able to use his sticks or
hands to try and feel the area around him. I think the concept of this would be
good however it would detract from the person and my make-up skills will no
longer be the main focus of the look. Sebastian suggested the possibility of
using locations for a couple of my shoots although as we discussed this further
we were both concerned that the overall aesthetic of all of the stories may be
affected if only a couple are on location so I will have to consider this in
more depth. Having considered this i feel that as I do not have that much time left i should do all of the shoots in the shudio. I have done many studio shoots before and it is something I am comfortable with and so with the little amount of time left i feel like I should keep to my strengths. This is especially the case because I have done photography in the studios many times but only a couple of times on location and so I think at this stage I should keep to what I am good at to get a strong set of images,
Comments
Post a Comment