26th April Tutorial with Sebastiane
During my tutorial with Sebastiane I showed him what I have
created of my website so far to see what he thought of the layout and also of
my final images. I don’t think the current layout tells the stories in the best
visual way and am slightly concerned that some of the final images need to
reflect the stories more than they currently do however I don’t have time to do
more shoots. He suggested that a slide show with captions to help tell the
different stories might work better than the current layout and I also agreed
that this would look a lot better because at the moment the website looks more
like a portfolio website which is not the aesthetic I want to achieve. I feel
like it needs to have more elements of an online exhibition mixed with
storytelling elements.
When I raised my concerns about some of the images not
fully fitting the story Sebastiane suggested using art to fix this, by printing
the images, adding to them with different materials and then scanning them back
into the website. I think this idea could work well and as I have a background
in art from studying it at A Level it is something I enjoy and I have not
really combined my art skills and make-up skills at university so far. I also
feel like it would be nice for me personally to have elements of art in my
final major project because I got accepted into university on the Make-up and
Hair course because of my portfolio which at the time was mainly art based and
so my having it in my final project I feel it will reference my art background
which has helped me with my make-up and design skills over the last three
years.
We also discussed an idea I had for making a German version
of the website. Sebastian raised the question of weather this would add to the
overall project or not and on reflection it probably wouldn’t and we both
thought it could be distracting if someone went on the wrong version and as my
site is more focused of the visuals I would not enhance the overall project
that much. Sebastiane suggested an alternative of adding the German audio of
the stories which I think would be interesting but I think would distract the
viewer from my images especially if they did not speak the language which most
people visiting the site would not.
Previously Sebastiane had asked me to submit images for the
graduate events coming up in a few weeks but I had only submitted one image as
I did not think that the rest of my images at the time were strong enough to be
entered. After seeing the images I have produced since then Sebastiane asked me
to send in a few more which increased my confidence in my work as a whole and
so has made me more motivated to edit the rest of my images to try and create
more strong images for my project.
Comments
Post a Comment